Saturday, April 25, 2009

For Here or to go

So I am not sure if it's just a California thing, but you know when you go to get your coffee in the morning and they ask you, "For here or to go?" Well if you don't, then listen next time because they do. Every time they ask that I think to myself what does it really matter; they are going to put it in a crappy paper cup with a "recycled" sleeve and a lid that manages to never stay on anyways. So I got to thinking well maybe they ask because they are performing some statistical analysis which the nerd in me can appreciate, or maybe they really do give you some fancy mug with some poetic verse written across the side. So this morning when I was asked, "For here or to go?" I answered, "I don't know, you tell me." I think my curiosity must have come across in an almost flirtatious manner because next thing I know the server is leaning over the bar whispering in my ear, "Always say to go...it will save you the tax." It was like a bizarre, seductive, serenading that went on this morning at The Coffee Bean in Brentwood, or maybe it is just the most action I have seen from a man in a while. Either way, always say TO GO. It will save you the tax!

No comments:

Post a Comment